Beekeeping Assistant Armstrong/ Revelstoke
BeeKind Honey Bees, a commercial beekeeping operation based in Revelstoke BC with operations stretching into Armstrong BC, is seeking potential employees to join our team as Beekeeping Assistant. As a beekeeping assistant, you will be responsible for managing our bee yards for bee stock production in the Spring/ Summer, and honey production from early to late Summer.
We are actively searching for potential employees (experienced - novice) who possess the following qualities:
- Physically fit
- Able to follow specific instruction
- Take initiative
- Work independently
- Highly reliable
- Communicate well verbally and in writing
- Flexible with their scheduled hours
- Maintain a high level attention to detail
As a Beekeeping Assistant, your duties will range from:
- Unwrapping bee hives
- Supplemental feeding
- Moving beehives
- Disease and pest management/ treatment
- Setting up mating nucs
- Making splits
- Catching queens
- Building sale nucs, bee equipment, and bee yards
- Honey supering
- Pulling honey for extraction
- Honey extracting
- Preparing beehives for winter (wrapping, feeding, treatment)
- Season: Beginning of April until end of October each year.
- Hours: Part-time (to start), with overtime during busy tasks at scale.
- Wage: $16 - $20+ per hour depending on experience and skill set. Advancement opportunities are available based on performance as evaluated through regular performance reviews.
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, please send a brief cover letter, detailed resume, and references to email@example.com. Please specify which position/location you are interested in. We appreciate your interest in BeeKind Honey Bees and look forward to hearing from you.